I wanna start a book club on my Cafe Mom group, but have no idea what books to add to our book list.
Do you have any suggestions? New or old, romance, sci-fi, ANYTHING! Please leave your suggestions and if you'd like to join our club our group is called RGV_MOMS at Cafe Mom or if you'd like to start your own book club check out Oprah's advice HERE.
How to Start a Book Club
A story is always better if you have someone to share it with. What could be better than sharing it with a group of friends who have read it, too? Starting your own book club is an endeavor that we applaud! And we've made it easy to do with these tips and resources.Think about what your intentions are for your book club. Before you start looking for prospective members, sit down for a few minutes and ask yourself the following questions.
- Why are you starting a book club? What do you hope to get out of it?
- What type of people will make up the club? Are you hoping that all of you will have something in common (beside your love of books), or are you looking to form a diverse group?
- What types of books will your club primarily read? Fiction? Non-fiction? One particular genre, such as romance, bestsellers or biographies? Will you rotate through themes each month, like Asian literature, travel books or classics?
- Do you want to lead the club? If so, for how long, and how much time can you devote to organizing meetings, refreshments and discussions? If not, will other members be willing to take on these responsibilities?
- What are the minimum and maximum number of members your club can accommodate? (This may be dependent upon where you're meeting—see below!)
- When will your first meeting take place? How often will your club meet afterward? What about the summer months, and during the winter holidays?