Skip to main content

About Me/Contact Info

My name is Cinella J. Reyes and I live in a small town named Donna, Texas. When people ask me where I live I say south Texas and then they say, "Oh, near San Antonio or Houston?" I giggle and say, "Oh, no. Way more south than that!" If you look at a map, we live at the very tip of Texas, about 15 minutes from the Mexico/US border. It's inbetween McAllen & Harlingen/Brownsville, Texas.

I'm 25 years old and wife to Santos for almost 6 years and mommy to two beauties, Yvette & Eliada. We currently live with my mother since my father past on from losing his battle with cancer in 2005. We miss him dearly. Both my husband and I do not have a steady income. I have been a mystery shopper for over five years and do other contract work and hubby quit his job of 5 years at EchoStar after his father past away this January. It has been a rough year for him. He now fixes computers every now and then, but mostly he is half the stay-at-home parent. He only takes care of Eliada, who's growing so fast. I still do all the chores, cooking and clothe diaper. He only uses sposies.

So, yeah, I cloth diaper! I have about 4 thirties covers and use prefolds with snappis or pins. I just bought my first two wetbags from WAHM. Thanks to them, I got a great deal!

I also am a greenie. I love to recycle (plastic, aluminum, cardboard) and I try to find homes for things I don't need by using Freecycle and reusing them in my own home.

I also write the environment articles for a local e-zine, Hidalgo Metro. I love that, but currently don't get any compensation because they are new and have no advertisers. But I got to go to the local baby expo for FREE! To see a list of past articles, Click Here.

About The Mommy Blog:
This blog is about the mommy years.
My Blogging Philosophy is, if I find something interesting or find a great deal, I will share it with you! Here is my blogging line-up. Not everything will be weekly though.

Monday - Meal Plan Mondays
Tuesday - Green Tip Tuesday
Wednesday - Wordless Wedndesday, Change the World Wednesday
Thursday - Food Review/Recipe
Friday - Mommy Q&A
Saturday - Baby products Reviews
Sunday - Sundays in my City

MPM (Meal Plan Mondays) is hosted by OrgJunkie.com and I have joined her and many families around the US for almost a year now, although I didn't always blog it. I love to go through MrLinky searching for great ways to strech a meal. Each Monday I try to have a theme that will help me come up with meals that don't take too much work, although, I love to cook and bake. Tuesdays I love to go through my blog-roll and search for great giveaways... and I blog about which ones are my favorite! You are welcome to enter them as well. I have won a good amount of items from this past year from The Eco Chic and News Around the Blogs. Wednesdays is when I post things I have learned from the past, new or old, friends or families, personal experience or others. If you'd like to share, please do! Thursdays is all about food. New recipes, new foods, pictures and some time soon, giveaways as well. Friday is when I review family items, anywhere from baby to adult to websites and services. This is open for future reviews. I will also post what other people think of new products. Saturday is a fun day and I will post any great deals I find from retail stores or online. If you see something worth mentioning, please let me know! Sundays.... is new for me, is Sundays in my city. I found it from blog hopping over at Mom Bloggers Club. Thanks!

My blog will change frequently with new posts, news specials and more.

PR Friendly! Let me know if you are interested in letting me review your product(s), whether it be food, product, family friendly, mommy friendly, diapers, nick nacks or toys. Let me know what you have to offer. Especially interested in eco-friendly products.
Please contact me for any questions on any of my reviews.

I hope you enjoy my blog. And if you have any questions, concerns or would like me to review your product you can get in conact with me with any of these:

Email: vetsmom_rgv@yahoo.com
Myspace page: vetsmom_rgv/myspace.com
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=125572211410&share_id=124606518758#/cinellajreyes?ref=name
Twitter: @vetsmom_rgv

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…